EPF Online Payment
After posting several useful information for employees, we bring here a guide to EPF online payment for employers. Online EPF payment is mandatory for all companies regardless of the amount of the monthly contribution. No matter whether you are holding an account with SBI or any other bank. Our guidelines will help you to make online EPF payment through any bank. Learn how to pay EPF online through SBI, HDFC, BOB, BOI, Canara Bank and other leading banks. Online payment of EPF can be done from the Employer E-Sewa portal of the EPF official website. The mode of payment for online provident fund payment is internet banking. EPF contributions are to be paid before the 15th of the month. The grace period of 5 days is now eliminated. Hence, follow the useful procedure of online PF payment for your timely contributions to EPFO. You probably need to login to epfo portal first.
From January 2016, it is mandatory for all the EPFO member firms to contribute EPF online through internet banking. The procedure requires challan generation at the EPFO site. After generating the TRRN challan, the employer will carry out payment procedure at the net banking page. Online payment of provident fund has given many benefits to the employers. Now employers need not submit Form 5/10 12A, 6A or 3A for returns. The annual accounts slip is available to view online. You will also discover other facilities at the employer e-sewa portal to simplify your PF related tasks like EPF claim status enquiry.
How to Pay EPF Online
Employers can make EPF online payment through his bank account with any of the banks from the list stated by the EPFO. Check the list of the banks for PF online payment.
Click here for the list of banks for online EPF payment facility.
- At the official website of EPF, access the Employers ESewa
- Create your login id and password if you are not yet registered.
- Upload the details to generate the ECR.
- You will generate the TRRN – Temporary Return Reference Number.
- The details of the monthly contribution should be uploaded in the given format.
- Upload the contribution details and approve it after verifying it properly.
- Click the Download Challan menu. Download the challan, acknowledgement, and statement.
- The employer should remit EPF online payment within 15 days from the date of the challan. The validity of the generated challan is only 15 days.
- If you fail to pay within 15 days, you will need to re-upload details again to generate the new challan.
STEP – II
Just for your understanding, we have shown below how to pay EPF online through SBI. You can similarly login to net banking page of any bank other than SBI with which you hold account. Make sure the bank is included in the list of the banks we have provided above.
- Login to your net banking account or SBI account as Saral user or corporate user.
- Locate the menu which reads as “Payments/Transfers > Pay EPF”.
- Type the TRRN and choose your debit account.
- Select the account no. which you are using to remit EPF online payment.
- Verify all the details of your monthly contribution and click ‘Submit.’
- Authorize the e-cheque available in the inbox after receiving a success message.
- Saral user does not need to authorize.
- Save or get a print of your challan through “Reports>Reprint Challan’.
This completes your EPF online payment. Preserve the challan for your records.
How to Use EPFO E Sewa Portal
Employers can get all online facilities at the below URL for Employer E-Sewa:
Register your establishment at this page and create login and password. This will allow the employer to upload data of monthly contribution and thereby, to generate the challan.
Employers also get a payment confirmation by SMS on their registered mobile number. Payers can also request for annual slips through the employer e-sewa portal. EPF online payment is a very convenient service of EPFO portal for payment of monthly contributions. Keep visiting us for updates on employees provident fund. Employers can also follow our site to remain updated on the PF rules. Besides EPF online payment, you will also learn the other useful procedures related to the provident fund. Our blog carries guidelines for PF withdrawal and UAN activation. Also, follow the complete procedures to check PF withdrawal form status and EPF balance status.