EPF Challan is the receipt generated after the payment of your EPF taxes. This service provided by the EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization) of India so that savings can be made to obtain financial security during retirement period. About 12% of your basic salary along with DA (Dearness Allowance) goes into the EPF account. Recently, the government called a 8.65% rate of interest on the employee’s yearly EPF account for FY 2016-17.
How to Pay EPF Challan?
Before you start with the payment of your EPF Challan, first generating your Challan by uploading the data on EPF department site. First you may need a TRRN (Temporary Return Reference Number) which may be available in the top-right side of the EPF Challan. Let’s directly move down to the procedure of payment your EPF online:
- Go on the official site by clicking on tin-nsdl.com which may contain the EPF page for further procedure.
- Click on the E-payment: Pay taxes online.
- The page consisting of your prescribed Challan is generated.
- Fill in your personal details to get into the next step of payment of your EPF taxes.
- Choose your desired bank, which holds your accounts.
- Enter your net banking customer ID and Password.
- Confirm the payment by selecting on submit.
Eligibility for paying PF Challan
An employee working in a private organization earning up to Rs 15000 needs to contribute to his/her EPF account. It is mandatory for every person to pay prepare an EPF account and pay into it till the retirement age of 58 years. The employee needs to submit a Declaration Form 11 which may contain basic personal details as acquired by the Retirement body Employee Provident Fund organization (EPFO).
What is UAN Number?
Every person contributing to the EPF account is provided with a 12-digit number UAN (Univeral Account Number) which remains same throughout the employee’s life. The person also receives a PF number which is known as a Member ID. If the person changes his/her job, it’s the person’s duty to link your UAN number to the desired Member ID. A Person who earns up to Rs 15000, compulsory needs to pay the EPF taxes, while those earning more than Rs 15000 can become a member of the provident fund.
Checking your EPF Balance online
- Visit the official site at epfindia.com to know your EPF Challan Status.
- Click on the link that may take you to your PF Balance.
- Select your EPFO office, which inherits your accounts and furnish your PF Account number.
- Leave the extension field blank, in case you don’t have it and fill other details.
- Enter your Name and Mobile number.
- The details are forwarded to you through SMS.
Conclusion of EPF Challan
Once you finish by paying your EPF Challan, you can feel the cloud of tension moving away from your head. As long as you pay your EPF taxes on time, you can count your future to be safe. This money becomes helpful when you may grow old or during any difficult circumstances. Authorized banks also provide their customers with online services which may help them to pay their EPF Tax on time.
Along with the regular payment of EPF amount, various advantages are obtained like tax benefits, retirement benefits and cash PF withdrawal benefits. The EPF amount can be withdrawn after 9.6 years of continuous services in any private organization and after the retirement age of 58 years. Your monthly deduction of PF may bother you during your employment period, but will help you enjoy your senior citizenship. Follow us to know more!